53- year old; proud father of 4, long time resident of Miami Dade County.
*Associate Member of the American Institute of Architects.
*State Board Approved Candidate for the National Council of Architectural Registration.
*State Certified General Builder and Civil Engineering Contractor.
*Commercial and residential real estate Developer.
*State Certified Property and Casualties Adjuster.
*State Certified Property and Casualties General Line Insurance 220.
*2001: Served as a two-term mayor of the City of North Miami Florida.
(The first black mayor of a large city in the state of Florida.)
PUBLIC SERVICE EXPERIENCE:
* 2001-2005 Served on the Governing Board of Miami Dade County Metropolitan Planning Organization.
* 2001-2004 Served on the Governing Board of Tennethealth and Hospital Corp.
*1999-2001 Appointed Chairman of North Miami Board of Adjustment, the North Miami Planning Commision.
*June 1998 Appointed by the City of Miami Commission to serve on the city finance and budget review committee.
*1998 Nominee for the Florida Senate District 36.
*1997 Under President Clinton appointed to the United States Presidential Meritorious Rank review Board.
Joe Celestin now solicits your support to bring all of his knowledge, expertise, and experience to serve you, the people of Miami Dade County, as the next State Senator of District 33.
PROVIDE INCENTIVES TO MAJOR CORPORATIONS TO RELOCATE IN THE DISTRICT TO FOSTER JOB CREATION
• Provide needed Infrastructure to attract businesses to the District.
• Identify Federal funding to help Florida small businesses.
COMMUNITY RE-ENTRY PROGRAM
• Rehabilitated offender Job training and opportunities.
• Assisted child care and after school programs for low income families.
• I strongly support Medicaid reform.
FOCUS ON IMPROVING THE PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM
• Support state funding for public libraries.
IDENTIFY FEDERAL GRANTS TO BUILD AND REBUILD PARKS AND RECREATION IN OUR DISTRICT SPEND IT WHERE THEY SEND IT PROGRAM
• County to spend mandated funds identified for the District in the District.
• Weed & Seed, Community Development Block Grant and any other designated funds to be spent where intended in our District.
• Force delivery of promised affordable housing in the District to comply with federal guidelines.
EXTEND PREVIOUSLY PROMISED METRO RAIL ALONG THE NW 27TH AVENUE CORRIDOR
Political advertisement paid for and approved by Joe Celestin for Florida State Senate (REP), District 33.
Joecelestin.org © 2011 | All Rights Reserved.
Pd. Pol. Adv. Joe Celestin Camp.